ChristianNews.net is a Biblically-based Christian news site, and as our reader, we request that all those who wish to comment on news stories do so in a Christ-like manner. Therefore, the following is expressly prohibited. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the deletion of the comment at the discretion of ChristianNews.net, and repeated violations will result in the commenter being banned.
1) Refrain from using profanity or vulgar language. If you have strong feelings about a matter, express your viewpoint constructively. (Ephesians 4:29; Psalm 19:14)
2) Blasphemy will not be tolerated. (Exodus 20:7; Matthew 6:9)
3) You may not threaten, harass, slander, engage in name-calling, degrade or otherwise use abusive language toward another commenter or the staff of Christian News Network. (Colossians 4:6; Matthew 5:43-47)
4) Refrain from having a contentious spirit. Articles are not to be a venue for engaging in lengthy debates. (Titus 3:2; Proverbs 27:15)
5) Maintain a meek and humble spirit. If you disagree on a subject, be gentle in expressing your viewpoint. (Matthew 5:5; Philippians 2:3; Colossians 3:2; 1 Peter 3:8)
6) While occasional commenting on articles with the use of nicknames, pseudonyms and/or use of other registered handles will be allowed, any regular commenting or engagement with others on the site’s commenting forum must be signed by a real first name. Failure to do so will result in a ban from the forum.
7) You may not post material that infringes the privacy of any third party.
8) You may not post comments that are off-topic or may be considered SPAM.
9) The posting of an entire article, op-ed, tract, poem or other composition is prohibited.
10) The posting of photographs, videos and links to external sites is prohibited.
11) If you need to request a correction to an article, please use the contact form rather than leaving a message under an article.
The aforementioned guidelines are not all encompassing of what comments will and will not be permitted on the site. Please note:
Christian News Network is a site where Christians may discuss current events from a Biblical perspective. While those who are not Christian are welcome to comment under a news report, those who frequent the commenting forum with the intention of engaging in daily or regular debate, or to stir up contention, or to degrade Christianity, will not be permitted. Any abuse will result in a permanent ban from the site.
Christian News Network also reserves sole discretion to delete any comments it believes are misleading or may reasonably be used to persuade others into false teaching. Those professing to be Christians not holding to Biblical orthodoxy, particularly on Jesus Christ being the only way to the Father (1 John 14:6) and eternal punishment as taught by Christ (Matthew 25:46), who attempt to use contrary teaching to influence others will be banned from this forum.
Those who profess faith in Christ who are rash or flippant with their words, which evidence no care or concern for the souls of the readers, are strictly prohibited from commenting on the site.
The comments on the site do not necessarily represent the views of Christian News Network and should be vetted against the Scriptures.