A new undercover video released by the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) features clips of various Planned Parenthood officials and other abortion advocates making nonchalant statements about the abortion process, including that the baby’s eyeballs fell into their lap or that they had to tear off a leg to avoid technically performing a partial-birth abortion.
The footage, which was removed by YouTube on Thursday, reportedly was recorded at the 2014 and 2015 National Abortion Federation conventions. The video was marked as a “preview” of longer forthcoming presentation.
“You go in there, and you go, ‘Am I getting the uterus or the fetus? Oh, good, fetus,'” said Susan Robinson of Planned Parenthood Mar Monte, holding a pair of forceps to demonstrate and making a grasping sound effect. “What have I got? Nothing. Let’s try again.”
“If I’m doing a procedure, and I’m seeing that I’m in fear that it’s about to come to the umbilicus (navel), I might ask for a second set of forceps to hold the body at the cervix and pull off a leg or two, so it’s not PBA (partial-birth abortion),” stated Ann Schutt-Aine, the director of abortion services for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast.
“An eyeball just fell down into my lap, and that is gross!” also declared Uta Landy, the founder of Planned Parenthood’s Consortium of Abortion Providers (CAPS), generating laughter.
The video also features officials explaining that certain body parts are in demand from biomedical companies.
“You know, sometimes she’ll tell me she wants brain, and we’ll, you know, leave the calvarium (head) in till last, and then try to basically take it,” outlined Deborah Nucatola, the senior director of medical services for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
“I get a lot of oohs and ahhs from StemExpress. You know, they’re wanting livers,” Leslie Drummond of Planned Parenthood Mar Monte also remarked. “Last week I was in Sacramento, and she said, ‘I need four intact limbs.’ And I said, ‘You want what?'”
According to reports, U.S. District Judge William Orrick is now considering charging CMP director David Daleiden with contempt for releasing the video. Orrick had issued a preliminary injunction in February 2016 banning Daleiden from releasing any videos recorded at the National Abortion Federation convention.
The Federation had sued in July 2015 to stop the footage from being made public, claiming that it could jeopardize the safety of its members.
“The safety and security of our members is our top priority,” President Vicki Saporta said in a statement. “That security has been compromised.”
While YouTube removed CMP’s video on Thursday, a pro-life news outlet copied the video and uploaded it to its own channel.
“How can the country stand by while we commit these atrocities against our own children?” asked Lila Rose of Live Action following the release of the footage. “Planned Parenthood and NAF abortionists laugh about heads getting stuck and casually discuss the dismemberment of babies, fully formed, at five and six months. Meanwhile, their public defenders in the media and their paid spokespeople claim that the group is committing no wrong, that they are a public health service. How long will we be blind to the brutal destruction of these vulnerable babies?”