Pakistani Christian Dies After Inhaling Poisonous Gases From Sewer Work

(World Watch Monitor) A Pakistani Christian, who fell ill after inhaling poisonous gases at work, died on Saturday (Jan. 20) after three days on a life-support machine.

Shahzad Masih, 24, who leaves a wife and two young children, worked as a sewer cleaner in the Korangi area of the southern city of Karachi, as an irregular employee (so not entitled to any compensation or privileges) of the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board.

Masih’s cousin, Yousuf Masih, who is also a sewer cleaner, told World Watch Monitor that on Jan. 17 their supervisor had sent Shahzad to help unblock a gutter in a nearby area.

“Only a little later we came to know that he became unconscious after he was sent down in the gutter,” Yousuf said. “We took him to the nearby Indus Hospital, but they told us that he had been placed on a ventilator and then was sent by ambulance to the Creek General Hospital, where he died on Saturday.”

Continue reading this story >>


Become a Christian News Network Supporter...

Dear Reader, has ChristianNews.net been of benefit and a blessing to you? For many years now, the Lord has seen fit to use this small news outlet as a strong influential resource in keeping Christians informed on current events from a Biblical worldview. Despite Facebook's recent algorithm changes, which has limited our readership, and, as a result, has affected operational revenue, we continue to strive to bring you the news without compromise and to keep Christ in focus. If you have benefited from our news coverage, would you please prayerfully consider becoming a Christian News supporter by clicking here to make a one-time or monthly donation to help keep the truth widely and freely published and distributed? May Christ continue to be exalted through this work!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email